Wednesday, May 1, 2013

favourites: lipstick;





A little known fact about me is that I am an avid lipstick collector.  I have dozens of lipsticks in my collection of all colours and brands.  I can't so much as walk past a make-up stand without picking up a tube or two... or four.  However, this does not mean that I am much of a lipstick wearer.  I rarely wear lipstick, or anything on my lips at all!  In fact, there's several lipsticks in my collection that have never even been used!  I do almost always carry one around with me though, just in case, and when I do wear lipstick I tend to stick to the same few every time.  In no particular order, here are my favourite and most worn lipsticks:

(1)  Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush:  These chubby-stick lip stains have become infamous in the blogging community since their release, this colour in particular.  Crush is a deep plum colour that is quite sheer and glossy.  Perfect vampy lip colour for beginners.  

(2)  MAC lipstick in Up The Amp:  As I mentioned in my December haul post, I had been lusting after this shade for months before I finally picked it up, and I was not disappointed.  It's an Amplified Creme finish, meaning it's really creamy and moisturising, and this blue-toned lilac is the prettiest, most wearable purple I've ever seen.

(3)  MAC lipstick in Please Me:  This is the first MAC lipstick I ever bought, and it is still a firm favourite of mine.  It's one of the lesser-known "your lips but better" shades, it seems, but the matte finish and slight coral tone really won me over!

(4)  Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 107:  I feel that everyone and their mother owns this lipstick, and rightly so.  The Kate Moss matte collection has one of the nicest matte formulas I've ever used (I'm a matte finish junkie), and this berry red shade is perfect for spicing up these cold Irish "summer" days.

(5)  Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 16:  Can you tell I adore the Kate Moss lipsticks?  This summery colour is more on the pink side of coral, and I've been reaching for this one quite a lot in the last week.  It's a bit creamier and glossier than a matte finish, meaning it doesn't dry your lips out so much, and the packaging is just gorgeous!

(6)  Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Cotton Candy:  The Revlon Lip Butters, much like the lip stains, have been hugely hyped, and I completely agree.  Cotton Candy is a sheer, glossy, barbie-pink with a gold sparkle and sheen.  It's really moisturising, and is great for giving a quick wash of colour.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks?  What are your favourites?  Thanks for reading!


13 comments:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, would love you to take part and to read your post! :) Hope you're well xx

    Katie x katieclarkemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please me and 107 look amazing!

    please check out my blog, if you have the time,
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, they are! two of my favourites out of the bunch! x

      Delete
  3. Omg I love all of those colours! Definately checking them out next time I go to the drug store! Love your blog, it's so cute! I just followed, feel free to check out my blog

    Adventures in Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, lovely :) i like your blog too x

      Delete
  4. Ive been really enjoying the Rimmel Kate lipsticks too! Shade 16 looks such a pretty colour!

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this shade of Just Bitten Kissable, but not sure how it would look on me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it! i mean, because it's a stain it's not very opaque, so you could definitely get a lighter application than what i have swatched here. :) x

      Delete
  6. love your blog, following you now on gfc and bloglovin'!

    lindseyduffin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do the Revlon lip stains last long? I've not tried them, or rather I've never even noticed them. How silly. The Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks are so good.

    I really like your blog's layout :)

    whatwouldgracekellysay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. they do need to be re-applied a few times throughout the day, especially after eating, but i've never had any trouble with them fading two quickly!

    thank you so much :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I promise to read and reply to them all! New followers, be sure to leave your URL and say hello! x